Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's Not Just Paper

Oh no, no it is not just paper. Have you ever searched for hours for just the right paper (or any other item for that matter) for a project only to decide that you just can't part with it? I once spent two hours at Joann's Fabric just looking for the perfect sheet of paper. Yes, paper! No one can explain that obsession except those who know. We went to Keepsakes Fabric in Center Harbor, NH this past summer. The store was eliminating their scrapbook section and all items were 75% off. All items including embellishments and tools and lots of cool paper. Self control on that shopping event was not an option.

I have developed what I call attachment disorder. Attachment to finished items; supplies "I may never find this piece of paper again"; buttons and even ideas. I'm thinking you understand this phenomena. I may not spent hours at the craft store for a while but I know I will spend a lot of time trying to justify not using one of "my favorite" embellishment. Ultimately though love wins out because it truly is more blessed to give than to receive.

2 comments:

Keri said...

The killer for that trip was when she told us how much we'd saved!!! The bargain factor was overpowering!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! I so know about your disorder! My best friend soooo has the exact same disorder! You poor soul. I think you all need to start a support group! LOL! Thanks for the laugh, have a great weekend, Leslie