Friday, January 23, 2009

Reverse Negative Card


I found the instructions for this card in Creative Stampers Sampler magazine. Is simple and fun to do. Just cut out two pieces of paper one in the color of your background and the other one in your application piece. Stamp them both then cut the darker color in half and attach it to the lighter color. Embellish as you wish. I don't have white ink so I used my white embossing powder and it came out just fine but not as defined as it could be.

Now I am going to get to work on some Valentine's Day cards. I feel the love already.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

This is such a fun technique isn't it? Love your version.

Vikki Wright said...

Yay...I found you! Wasn't that hard, actually, but so glad I did. I love your blog and enjoyed scrolling through your beautiful card designs and projects. And I've loved reading your poems on Writer...Interrupted. What amazing gifts God has given you! Be blessed! PS...I'm the one visitor with the Ugandan flag!

Anne said...

Great card Joan! And, of course, you're part way to a second card each time you use this technique :)

Shirley said...

What a great technique! I love what you did with the background too and the punched corners! A really pretty card!