Sunday, October 5, 2008

Christmas Wreath Project

















































This was my week-end project. We had a bumper crop of pine cones this year and I thought about making a pine-cone wreath. I bought four wreath rings and used a large upholstery needle to thread the cones through the ring wires. I added some cranberries, made bows and sewed on a red button. So far two are completed and thinking about doing two more. Thinking being the word.
That is not snow on the cones--it's pine sap. If you do this project, I suggest you wear gloves. If you get pine sap on your fingers it will come off with nail polish remover. I didn't want to embellish it too much--but maybe the next wreath I will. All in all I think it was worth it .


PS. I decided to add bows and eucalyptus to embellish them because they are going out to market along with some cards --hmmmm-how will we do?


P.S.S. A woman at my husband' s job wanted me to make a wreath with blue embellishments. No red, she doesn't like red bows for some reason..so here it is..blue-with bells--no red--blue....she liked it.

8 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

Looks gorgeous & sure it will smell gorgeous too

Sharon said...

How beautiful! It doesn't need any embellishment.

Viv said...

This is so pretty...will look great on any door!

Unknown said...

Thanks Karen--it will smell better when the polyurethan dries!! But I if you don't spray them, it dries out. Maybee a little Fabreezzeee will do.

Susie said...

wonderful wreath!!!

please email me ascrapnangel@yahoo.com

your new sister

Monique said...

This brings back a lot of memories for me. When I was younger my mum and I would make these wreaths. They are so beautiful.

Judy said...

How clever you are it is lovely.

Shirley said...

Talk about creative! Beautiful and so warm and great smell too I bet!