Sunday, October 5, 2008

Christmas Wreath Project

















































This was my week-end project. We had a bumper crop of pine cones this year and I thought about making a pine-cone wreath. I bought four wreath rings and used a large upholstery needle to thread the cones through the ring wires. I added some cranberries, made bows and sewed on a red button. So far two are completed and thinking about doing two more. Thinking being the word.
That is not snow on the cones--it's pine sap. If you do this project, I suggest you wear gloves. If you get pine sap on your fingers it will come off with nail polish remover. I didn't want to embellish it too much--but maybe the next wreath I will. All in all I think it was worth it .


PS. I decided to add bows and eucalyptus to embellish them because they are going out to market along with some cards --hmmmm-how will we do?


P.S.S. A woman at my husband' s job wanted me to make a wreath with blue embellishments. No red, she doesn't like red bows for some reason..so here it is..blue-with bells--no red--blue....she liked it.

8 comments:

kareNstampZ said...

Looks gorgeous & sure it will smell gorgeous too

Sharon said...

How beautiful! It doesn't need any embellishment.

Viv's Visuals said...

This is so pretty...will look great on any door!

THE PAPER HANDMAIDEN said...

Thanks Karen--it will smell better when the polyurethan dries!! But I if you don't spray them, it dries out. Maybee a little Fabreezzeee will do.

Susie said...

wonderful wreath!!!

please email me ascrapnangel@yahoo.com

your new sister

Monique said...

This brings back a lot of memories for me. When I was younger my mum and I would make these wreaths. They are so beautiful.

Judy said...

How clever you are it is lovely.

Shirley said...

Talk about creative! Beautiful and so warm and great smell too I bet!